Tuesday 14 May 2013

Breast Cancer by Angelina Jolie

Bonjour :)

firstly, i would love to congratulate my lovely Cyrus cause this day we have been already 5 years to stay close to each other. Separated by distance make us can not be together today. but where ever you are, i miss you so much, guys (big hug)

But this post will not tell you about Cyrus. It's all about : Breast cancer.

One of the most terrifying disease, especially for all woman in worldwide. As you know that breast cancer and ovarian cancer are two factors that mostly kill woman in the world. "For about 458,000 people each year, according to the World Health Organization, mainly in low- and middle-income countries."

Today, The New York Times just published an article from Angelina Jolie about her medical treatment to get over her breast cancer. I shocked for the first time, of course. My Angelina Jolie got a breast cancer? no way. but she had.

She told us that she want to get her cancer go away because one reason: she love her family too much and never want to lose her children. So she finally took a preventive double mastectomy. Well, i don't understand very well what kind and steps of that treatment but the point is, that treatment not to cure the breast cancer. It just a medical choice to minimize the risk of get breast cancer.

Angelina Jolie's mother died in her 56 because of breast cancer. Consequently, Angelina Jolie has a BRCA1 gene. Well, of course she can't deny that she is probably get killed by breast cancer someday, just like her mommy.

"But it is one I am very happy that I made. My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer."she said.

After read it, I realize that we as women have that risk to get breast cancer and ovarian cancer. We can't underestimate it easily anymore. It has killed many people around the world, and may kill us someday. So what can we do to be spared of it?

Early prevention by get gene tested, may be your first step to find out if you have the breast cancer's gene or not. You can also figure it out by asking your mother if there is any of your family members ail breast cancer. In every morning before I take a bath, I check my breast if there's any bump in it and I suggest you do the same. If you have, next step is check it out to the doctor. Consult to him/her what can you do and what treatment you may have for the next step.

I watched a program on television talking about breast cancer this lately, and I know that having breast cancer is just like nightmares. It's not easy to get heal from it. So please, to who ever you are, I warn you to be more careful and more care about your safety and your health. If you read the Angelina Jolie's article, maybe you would do the same, for also the same reason. And for you who had  get breast cancer, please, fight. Cause you better than that, you are loved by your family. Thank you, Ange :)

"Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of."Angelina Jolie, actress.

No comments: